Saturday, February 9, 2013

SNOW Much Fun Playdates

In the past two weeks, Camp and I have hosted two playdates at our house. I was sad to miss out on a "Winter Wonderland" themed playdate a few weeks ago when Camp had a runny nose, so I planned our own winter fun. I put my Cricut to use (thanks Mary Martha and Kyle) and started creating and decorating. I had a lot of fun coming up with themed foods and activities that the toddlers, infants, and moms would enjoy. It was exciting to play in the snow for a couple of days since we won't be seeing any this year. Now, it's time to retire the winter decor and move on to Valentines!
Falling snow made with fishing line and cotton balls
"Snow Much Fun" banner made using the Cricut
Got these gel clings from Big Lots after Christmas for 30 cents!
Got these gel clings at the Target Dollar Spot after Christmas for 30 cents!

I had to move these higher up the window after Camp attempted to eat the hat. Oops!
Felt Snowman board made with felt, obviously.



Pile of snowman parts

This box was filled with snowballs (cotton balls). Each person grabbed a handful and a big snowball fight was born.
The food and craft table
Kids crafted snowflakes with foam stickers or stamped on paint using corks!
"Chill Out" beverage station..."melted snowman" bottled waters and "frosty juice" apple juice boxes were also served.
Food table
orange slICEs
peppermint snowballs
cheese and grape snowmen
white chocolate covered pretzel snowflakes
Cheerio snow tubes
pretzel stick snowman arms
Mini honey Teddy Graham polar bears and grape snowglobes
Polar Bear baby
Webb was checking out the kitty cat outside.


Reagan was SNOW CUTE building a snowman! (Her shirt actually had a little snow scene and said, "Snow Cute," but I didn't get a picture of that.)


Henry in the snow tunnel
playing in the snowball pit


Begging for food



Thanks for coming to our play date! It was SNOW MUCH FUN!

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!!! I hope you are planning to come to Steeplechase and are prepared to potentially put that Cricut to even more use!! This year i think we HAVE to go for the "best decorated" prize!!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!