Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Dollar Wednesday: Water Play Bin

Last week was a little rough for us. We were stuck at home for a couple of days due to rain and a dumb rental car. Camp was being extra clingy, and I was running out of things to do with him. I have several ideas floating around in my head and pinned on my Pinterest boards, but all of those take some prep work and a shopping trip for materials. We had to come up with something fast and easy and on-hand to keep the little guy entertained. And so today's "One Dollar Wednesday" idea was born. It's so simple it's brilliant.

First, I grabbed a plastic dishpan from my teaching days out of the garage. You can use any type of container that you have, but investing about $2 in one of these will be worth it for future play or storage. Almost any discount store carries them, but I know they have them at Family Dollar and Wal-Mart. You could also try out an aluminum roasting pan ($1 at Dollar Tree). Next, I headed to Camp's bathroom and snatched some baby bubble bath and water toys. Then, I filled the dishpan with water and bubble bath. Last, I placed the filled container on a beach towel on the kitchen floor with the toys beside it. 
 ABRACADABRA: The Water Play Bin!!!
Exploring the bubbles. His baths never get this bubbly!
Tasty bubbles
Playing with the Caterpillar Spiller toys

Putting his face in the water...good water baby! Or maybe he just got thirsty.
I told you, this one is a no-brainer! And our water play bin cost us nothing because we used items we already had around the house. Just be ready for a wet mess!
Warning: Camp attempted (and almost succeeded) several times to dump the entire bin of water out on the floor. You may want to use less water than we did. 

3 comments:

  1. He's gorgeous Katie. Let's get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time try oatmeal! Littles love that! Then if you get adventourous, try pudding painting!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!