Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Dollar Wednesday: Noodlebugs

I was this close to canceling the post for this Wednesday due to exhaustion, but I am going to attempt this, for all of you fans of course. You are welcome.

Today's wonderful one dollar idea comes from Pinterest, naturally. Camp got invited to a birthday party for his friend, Crawford, who was turning 2. I wanted to make her something special and fun, so I went straight to one of my pins. For this project, I got two different colored pool noodles and a pair of the thick shoelaces like the ones we would use for roller skates. That actually added up to $3 at the dollar store, but you really only need one foam noodle for ONE dollar to make the basic project. I sliced each noodle into 2 inch pieces (you could try 1 inch also) using an old steak knife. I piled up all the "noodlets" in a matching party bag and tied it closed with the shoelaces. Add a little gift tag with a label for the toy and...
ABRACADABRA: Noodlebugs!!! 
 (Thank you to my husband for creating the name for these cute mini noodles)



Little ones will have fun and develop some great skills by stacking, threading, counting, and sorting the Noodlebugs. They would also make for a very enjoyable snowball noodlebug fight!

I heard that Crawford enjoyed her gift, but it was noted that her older brother, Wesley, was getting in on the fun as well!
Wesley was having some Noodlebug time before his sister woke up! (Photo by his mom, Lauren)
I do not recommend this project for the baby who still likes to put random objects in his mouth as the foam is probably not safe for eating. I tried a few different times to get Camp's set out for him, but he was only interested in taste-testing. And they are now personalized...with bite marks!



Quick! Go stock up on pool noodles while there is still some summer merchandise available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!