Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Sweetest Thing

I don't have any pictures to go with this post, but I wanted to jot down this sweet story from today that made me such a proud, happy mommy.

Camp and I were leaving the house to go to a play date this morning.  He insisted on bringing his baby doll along too. He somehow tripped on the bottom step in the garage and fell into his new toy lawn mower. He said, "Ow!" and was a little distressed. Immediately after the initial shock, he was very concerned about his baby doll. He said, "Baby Doll crying" and kept hugging and kissing him to make him feel better. He told his baby, "It's okay, Baby Doll, it's okay."

He is not quite this sweet every minute of the day, but it's moments like this that make me so excited to see him as a big brother. And eventually, long down the road, as a daddy to a real baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!