Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday is Mother's Day! I can't believe that I am included as one of the "mothers" that is celebrated on this day. A lot of people wished me a "Happy Mother's Day" last year when I was pregnant with Camp, but now there is no doubt that I can participate as a mom!

First few minutes as a mom!
 Being a mommy is totally awesome, and I'm not just saying that because my son's first word was "mama."  Even though I'm still relatively new to being a mother, I am overwhelmed by the significance of this title.  I have always been extremely grateful for the moms in my life, but I have a whole new perspective on this now that I am a mom, too. Motherhood is a huge change and adds a LOT of responsibility (and new worries) to your life, but it is also a truly amazing piece of my life. It's hard to believe that my mom has been doing this for 30 years, but she is living proof that your heart will not actually burst from loving your child too much. I can now appreciate my mom, stepmom, and mother-in-law in a different way. I am starting to know how exhausting, time consuming, and stressful (while at the same time the most incredible and heart-warming experience) raising a child can be, and I'm so glad for all they have done for me (and those other kids they have).  These moms are amazing, strong, talented, kind, and loving women who have been role models for me. Now, I'm one of them.  They have perfectly prepared me for my most important job. Happy Mother's Day to Mommy, SherBear, Mary Martha, and all the phenomenal mothers in my life!!!
Nonna and Camp
SherBear and Camp
Mimi and Camp

 
Celebrating at my baby shower with my mom, mother-in-law, and "adopted" mom, Kathy!          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!