Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Camp's First Word

On this first day of May, 2012, John DeCamp Howell said his first word!!! After working on the "m" sound with strings of "mamamama" and "mmmm" during the last couple of months, Camp spoke out "mama" clear and with purpose this morning. He was ready to be out of his Exersaucer and only his mama could help him out with that! He actually said it a few times because I was trying to get food in the Crock Pot and couldn't get to him fast enough. Also, I just wanted him to say it again so I could be sure that he really said it. I picked that baby up and hugged him tight with a few tears streaming down my face (partially due to the chopping of onions) as I beamed with joy. BEST. FEELING. EVER! 
Here's a video I took today of Camp (5.5 months) attempting to say "mama" again, but of course he didn't want me to have proof of his first word! He did want to show off his little rolling over trick though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!