Monday, January 20, 2014

Our Hall Bathroom Remodel

In December of 2012 (yes, that was over a year ago), we had our hall bathroom partially remodeled. We got paint, crown molding, a smooth ceiling, new flooring, new toilet and new vanity with all new fixtures! Our old bathroom had a lot of character, but we had a mosaic tile floor that was starting to come up in little pieces. Everytime you walked in the bathroom, you would come out with more pieces of tile on your feet. Plus, there was some pretty horrible wallpaper with a green vanity, yellow sink and yellow toilet. I have a couple of before pictures but I can't seem to find any of them, but believe me, it was, "Yikes!"

It took several days of living in a mess and trying to keep Camp (brand new to walking) out of the way, but the bathroom was done, and I was so happy. Well, you didn't get a post about it then because of course I wanted to add a few finishing touches. Over a year later, and we're finally ready to reveal! I hope you like it as much as we do!
This is the view when you come in from the hallway. It's a pretty small bathroom, but it works for guests and our little guy.  Map of Italy artwork was a gift from my close friend Kristin as a thank you for hosting her bachelorette weekend. I got the spiffy shower curtain from Marshalls!

I love the crown molding and non-popcorn ceiling. The wall color is hard to really tell in the pictures, but it's a minty green. It's a special blended color that I made up, so I call it Howell Green.

New WHITE toilet and WHITE sink with beautiful vanity, It took me forever to find a mirror that would work, and I think I'll still keep looking for something with some more pizazz. This one from Wal-Mart suits for now!

We got a fancy new light fixture, and Jonathan hung these great little pictures of Italy that my mom gave me for my very first house. They suit this bathroom perfectly I think. I have no idea why the walls here look blue, but I promise the room has just one paint color.


I am overjoyed with this awesome textured tile floor that we picked out. The best part is that it's no longer a choking hazard!

I have had this "bath" towel hook just about forever, and I still really like it. Great place to hang, you guessed it, towels!




I am so happy to have this room complete. It's ready for visitors and another little tush in the bathtub in a few months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!