Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One Dollar Wednesday: Squishy Gel Bag

It's baaaaack! At least for this week, we are back with One Dollar Wednesday! I have actually had this one ready to type up and post for a few weeks now, but planning Camp's first birthday party and sleep have won out over the weekly posts. Sorry 'bout that, fans.

This is another idea that I originally found on Pinterest through a few different blogs. It's easy, peasy. Get a bottle of bright green hair gel from The Dollar Tree. Add about 3/4 bottle to a quart sized baggie. Throw in a few plastic frogs or other fun toys. Seal it up with clear packing tape or duct tape on all four sides, and ABRACADABRA: Squishy Gel Bag!


After having a few minutes with the gel bag to myself, I was kind of hooked on it. It feels cool to the touch and is perfectly mushy and squishy. It's an amazing stress ball substitute.

I just knew Camp would enjoy smooshing it and moving the little froggies around. Well he seemed to enjoy it, but he mostly just wanted to put it in his mouth. This was a terrible idea as he has 6 sharp teeth and most definitely doesn't need to get a big glob of hair gel in his mouth. I tried giving him the bag several times with it turning into a teether. Folks, the squishy gel bag is not ideal for infants or anyone who is still interested in mouthing everything. I think we got away without any actual swallowing of hair gel so don't fret.






My four (almost five) year old cousin, AvaRose, came for a visit today. I thought the Squishy Gel Bag would be perfect to keep her entertained for a little while, and she would hopefully know better than to eat the green goop. She was curious, although not overly excited. Less than a minute into her time with the bag, she reached out her wet hand and declared that it must have a leak. Sure enough, green gunk on her hands and my countertops. I am considering this a Pinterest fail, or maybe it was just a Ziploc fail. Then again, I do have a little alligator on my hands...CHOMP!

2 comments:

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!