Monday, June 18, 2012

Camp's First Beach Trip

Back in March (I know, I know, this post is way overdue), we took Camp to the beach for the first time. My family has spent many great weeks at Indigo Pelican I on the beach in North Litchfield, SC. I have so many wonderful memories of this place where my grandparents gathered their brood for spring breaks and summer vacations. The house and the beach there are truly special places in my heart, and I was overjoyed to share them with Camp for the first time.

As we passed through Georgetown going over the bridges towards Pawley's Island and Litchfield, I could barely contain my excitement. It was an incredible feeling to know that my child was about to experience another big first in his life. I told Jonathan it was better than waiting for Christmas.

We got to the house and got everything unloaded. The kid and the camera were the only two things I cared about getting unpacked at this point. I carried Camp, and Jonathan tried to get the whole thing captured in photos.  The three of us walked out onto the deck looking out over the ocean. "This noise sounds like my sound machine," Camp thought to himself about the waves crashing to the shore. We walked down to the beach and put his little feet in the sand. Even though the water was still quite cold, we dipped his little feet in the sea. He was enjoying it and seemed to just be taking in all of the new wonders. What a magnificent day.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!