Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hooray for November!

Happy November! This month we will get to finally meet Baby Camp, and I could not be more excited! Yesterday marked 39 weeks of pregnancy with our sweet baby due just a week away. I went to the doctor today with about the same reports as last week: NO BABY COMING YET! Camp's heart rate this morning was 161, and the doctor estimates that he is about 7 pounds. I figure he's probably waiting around until he can gain a little more so he'll be 8 pounds plus like both his parents.  My appetite has been really good lately, so I'm happy to keep eating if he wants to pack on the pounds!

My next appointment will be Monday, the actual due date: November 7. If the baby is not here by then, we will make a plan to induce as the doctors will not let me go past 41 weeks. So, we know that we will have a son to hold in the next 13 days. It is definitely really real at this point!

With our family about to change dramatically and in an effort to fill this waiting time, Jonathan and I have been enjoying special date nights and time with friends. I am trying to fill my schedule so I can think about something (ANYTHING) other than Camp's birth day. We are looking forward to Pancake Night on Thursday, Sunday School Fall Social on Friday, and watching the USC v. Arkansas game on Saturday. If all that excitement doesn't get Camp moving then I'm not sure what will...

One fun way that we have used this before-baby time is to have some special pictures done. My last blog showed off some favorites from the first shoot, but I decided I wanted a few more including some bare belly shots. I quickly realized that perhaps my stomach could use some extra sun, but it might be the last time I want this body part to be seen, so we went with it. Thanks again to Katie Bigbie for helping us capture these memories.













Just think, the next pictures you'll see on this blog will (fingers crossed) be beautiful baby pictures!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!