Monday, November 7, 2011

The Due Date

Today, November 7, 2011, is Camp's due date. The day has almost come and gone with no show from baby. I went for my 40 week appointment today to find out that I have an "unfavorable cervix" which is still not dilated. There is a 30% chance that I might have a C-section. I'm okay with that because I was a C-section baby, and I tend to like the way I turned out! It's definitely scary though, but then the whole thing is really. With all that, it doesn't look like Camp wants to ease his way out anytime soon, so they want to induce before going too long past the due date. Keeping the baby in too long can cause lots of complications for mom and baby as there is only so much room in the womb!

Due to this silly cervix issue, they want to admit me to the hospital the night before they plan to induce. We'll check in and get everything up and running on Wednesday afternoon between 4 and 5. The induction is scheduled for Thursday morning. We will most likely have a sweet son to hold sometime on Thursday 11-10-11. Not that I am asking for a long and drawn out labor, but if he decides not to grace us until midnight, then he would indeed have the most incredible birth date ever (aka 11-11-11). I'm way okay with Thursday though if it means a fast and easy delivery! They could always change our time/date depending on how many woman have unscheduled deliveries going on when we're supposed to show up! So...even though we have a day, we really don't have a day that is totally set in stone. That is super frustrating, but we're hanging in there. Next up, either a blog post about the nursery OR a blog post with pictures of our new little one...STAY TUNED!
40 weeks with Baby Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!