Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One Dollar Wednesday: Toddler Photo Album

Now that Camp has starting talking (using real words), we have been working on names of family members. I realized early on that he likes looking at pictures of people on our phones or the computer, but we really don't have that many printed pictures in frames or albums. Randomly asking Camp to say "Jampa" or "Mimi" doesn't make a lot of sense without any reference, so I decided to help him make the connection between the word and the person he knows.

I took Camp to help me pick out a $1 plastic brag book from Dollar General. I uploaded pictures including the family we see most on the Walgreens' website and picked up prints in an hour. <I did have to spend about $2.50 on the prints because I am not really good at getting images from the computer files to print form, and the ones I do have printed are mostly of just Camp from over a year ago.> In a Word document, I typed up the names of each person in the pictures, and I printed them out on bright blue paper that I had in my stash. About 15 minutes of arts and crafts (aka actual cutting and pasting) later, and...

ABRACADABRA: TODDLER PHOTO ALBUM!!!


I want a make a cute little title for the front cover, but that will be a later addition. I did at least peel off the silly label. Now my little man has a learning photo album to help him practice saying everyone's names and eventually reading and writing them. It will travel with him when he visits all of his grandparents so they can keep up with these family nicknames, and Camp can always have a picture of his mommy and daddy with him.



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea! That would even be great for pre- or early readers. I know a few short people who would love something like this.

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!