Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shower the people you love with love...

So we're at 37 weeks plus one day today!!! My OB told me today that they won't let me go past 41 weeks, so we will get to meet Camp in less than a month! A few friends at Sunday School have said that the time seems to have gone fast, and Jonathan and I both agree that it actually has sneaked by quickly. I wanted to say "snuck by" there but spell check keeps giving me the rude red squiggles! We are both just beyond excited at this point so our little boy can make his appearance any minute now and we're ready for him!  (Both of Camp's grandfathers have given specific "do not go into labor" days, but hunting and golfing can wait if baby is ready for the world!)

One of the major reasons I finally feel prepared for the baby is due to the wonderful baby showers that my friends and family have hosted for me. We have just been spoiled silly during this special time. This baby has plenty of wonderful gifts waiting for him (and mama even got a special Hospital Survival Kit just for herself). I have cried at pretty much every shower with an overwhelming feeling of love and support from so many that are near and dear to my heart. It amazes me how many people have already been praying for Camp and have loved him from the start just like we have. All of the ladies who hosted these showers are so significant to me, and I am so happy to know that little John DeCamp will have them in his life too! THANK YOU to my Second Grade Friends at FDES, Katie Bigbie, Kam Leggett, Susan Woodham, Kathy Woodham, Polly Woodham, Connie Bryan, Monica Faller, Caroline Clarkson, Carol Beis, Jen Johnson, Kristin McArthur, and Christie Kocisko for all your creativity, energy, love, support, and fabulous hostessing!!! And of course many special thanks to everyone who has contributed to Camp's supply of goodies! We are so, so, so blessed and praise God for his goodness. Now it's off to find a place for some of his treasures since apparently "Babies 'R Us threw up in your living room!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting a lot of spam comments, so I hate to do it to you, but I've put the word verification back on so you have to prove you're "not a robot." Please don't let that stop you from leaving a note!